Last Updated: 06/03/2022
Effective Date: <01/01/2022>
INFORMATION TEACHERS SUBMIT TO US ABOUT CHILDREN
The App is intended for use in elementary schools in connection with our partnership with Verizon Corporate Resources Group LLC ("Verizon”). In order for a Child to access the features within the App, their teachers ("Teachers”) must first sign in to the App through a portal offered by Verizon. As part of signing in, the Teachers will be asked to provide their account credentials as well as the following categories of information about the Child:
- The Child's first name and last initial
Once the Teacher has entered the above information, the Teacher will hand the tablet to the Child, and the Child can interact with the App.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM CHILDREN
When Children use the App, we automatically collect certain information through background technologies. We use this information to make the App more interesting and useful to Children and for various internal purposes related to our business, including maintaining, securing and analyzing the App.
The categories of information we automatically collect through background technologies include:
- Device operating system
- Curriculum completed within the App
- Internet Service Provider
- Internet Protocol (IP) address or other persistent identifiers
THE USE OF CHILDREN'S INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect: (1) to provide the services; (2) to comply with the law (such as when we use information for record-keeping to satisfy legal and compliance obligations); (3) in accordance with valid consent (as conveyed to us through the schools); and (4) as necessary for business interests (such as when we collect and use a Child!s data in support of internal operations).
BEHAVIORALLY TARGETED ADVERTISING
The App does not track Children to serve them behaviorally targeted advertising (also known as retargeting or online behavioral advertising), or to knowingly allow others to do so.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES FOR INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
We reserve the right to disclose information, including Children!s Personal Information:
- To facilitate Teacher or school review of the Child!s progress on the App, including to track a Child!s real-time progress.
- As permitted or required by applicable law, such as to operate the App; to maintain the safety and integrity of the App; to send technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to policies, and administrative messages; to prevent fraud, breaches of our policies, and threats of harm; to conduct research; to improve the App; to take precautions against other liability; or when we believe release is required to comply with federal, state or local law (such as cooperating with a judicial process or law enforcement investigation).
- Aggregate information regarding the number of people using the app to Verizon in connection with facilitating the portal.
- In connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets, wind-down of business or related due diligence.
We use service providers to assist us in providing our services.
- Unity, a video game engine, to build our 3D Applications. You can learn more about Unity’s privacy and data practices here.
- Amazon Web Services, which provide database management and server-side functions. You can learn more about Amazon Web Service’s privacy and data practices here.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information on the App from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about users.
RETENTION AND DELETION
We keep the information we collect for one year to perform the task for which we collected it. After a year, the information is manually deleted from our servers. We reserve the right to keep certain information to the extent permitted and/or required by law, including any statutory retention requirements. When deleted, Children's Personal Information is deleted securely. In some cases, to the extent permitted by law, we may deidentify or aggregate Children!s Personal Information instead of deleting it.
We collect Children's Personal Information in the context of our relationship with elementary schools. At any time, a Parent may review their Child!s Personal Information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete such Child!s Personal Information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using their Child!s Personal Information.
To exercise any of these rights, Parents should contact their Child!s elementary school. Alternatively, a Parent may contact us directly with the name of their Child and elementary school, and we will work with the elementary school to address the request. To protect Parental privacy and security and the privacy and security of Children, we may require a Parent to take certain steps or provide additional information, which we will keep strictly confidential, to verify their identity before we can address the requests.
Please keep in mind that a request to delete a Child!s Personal Information may lead to a termination of the Child!s ability to use the App.
This policy may be changed, so please be sure to check regularly. If we make a material change to this policy and we have your contact details, we will contact you before we make the change. We will also post a notice at the start of the policy.
By email: email@example.com